Saturday, August 21, 2010

Is it ok to use my own tools while getting a manicure/pedicure?

I know this sounds weird, but when I go to get my nails and toes done, is it okay to bring in my own tools (nail clipper, filer, polish, etc.)? Is it offensive? I prefer to use my own things because I'm a clean/germ freak. I also notice so far the people who do my nails don't really sanitize their tools, they just take it out of their box, use it, wipe it on a towel, then put it back into their boxes. So, I want to bring in my own tool. Also, if anyone can tell me where I can purchase good quality tools as well, that would be helpful. I don't want to be bring in cheap tools and make it harder on them to do their work. Thanks so much! =)Is it ok to use my own tools while getting a manicure/pedicure?
I would say it depends on the people working in the establishment you are getting your manicures / pedicures. I don't know if you would consider this apples and oranges, but I have been to several family-owned Italian restaurants over the years, and if you were to bring your own silverware to eat in their restaurant with they would probably tell you to get the f__k out. If you don't want to risk offending anyone I would say find another nail salon that does sanitize their tools after each customer, this will save you all the trouble of worrying about offending anyone by bringing in your own tools plus you won't have to spend the extra money to buy the tools yourself.Is it ok to use my own tools while getting a manicure/pedicure?
not weird, but wondering why you wouldn't learn how to do your own mani/pedis- i kind of enjoy going out for them too, but had an infection once (after wearing acrylics) %26amp; when i went back to that salon, they said looked like a bruise. but no- it was a nasty black spot under my nail that took weeks to clear up.





anyway, bring your own
Definitely bring your own tools. It's your body, and nail infections are horrible. Not sure where to get good quality. Check out a professional nail technician site?
What's wrong with asking the technician when you are booking the apointment if she/he minds if you bring your own tools. Tell them right out that you don't want to offend them in any way, but this is your preference. I would think that if you ask them up front they won't have a problem with it and if they do, consider changing locations. As for where to buy them I would try to get them through a supplier if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment